- relating directly or indirectly to a living individual;
- from which it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained; and
- in a form in which access to or processing of the data is practicable.
- When do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data in a number of ways. The most common circumstance in which we collect personal data are when you use Dr Friend. We may also collect your personal data when you send us a question or apply for employment with us.
- What personal data do we collect?
The types of personal data we collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which that information is collected.
Dr Friend may request certain information about you, including your age, gender, medical history, symptoms and allergies. It is optional to provide this information, but doing so will allow Dr Friend to provide you with better service and better referral options. Dr Friend will not require you to provide any information that could be used to identify you and we do not recommend that you include any identifying details in the information you provide to the app.
If you send us a question, we may collect your name, contact details and other relevant information in order to respond to your question.
If you apply for employment with us, we may collect your name, contact details, HKID, employment history, references and other personal data which is relevant to the role for which you are applying.
- What do we use personal data for?
The purposes for which your personal data will be used will depend on the circumstances in which that personal data is collected.
We will inform you of the purposes for which we intend to use your personal data in the Personal Information Collection Statement at or before the time we collect your personal data.
Generally, we may use your personal data for:
- the purpose for which your provided it to us;
- purposes which are directly related to the purpose for which you provided it to us; and any other purposes to which you have consented.
- we may use any personal data collected by Dr Friend to identify suitable doctors for a phone consultation, to put you into contact with those doctors who agree to consult with you, to process your payment for our service, and for other ancillary purposes which are directly related to the above purposes;
- if your send us a question, we may in order to respond to your question; and
- if you apply for employment with us, we may use your personal data to access your employment application and decide whether to employ you.
- Do we use personal data for direct marketing?
We do not engage in any form of direct marketing.
- To whom do we disclose personal data?
The third parties to whom your personal data will be disclosed will depend on the purposes for which that personal data is used.
We will inform you of the third parties to whom your personal data will be disclosed in the Personal Information Collection Statement at or before the time we collect your personal data.
Generally, we may disclose your personal data as necessary for:
- the purpose for which you provided it to us;
- purposes which are directly related to the purpose for which you provided to us; and
- any other purposes to which you have consented.
For example, we may disclose any personal data collected by Dr Friend to suitable doctors registered with Dr Friend, to third party agents, contractors and advisors who provide services which assist us to operate Dr Friend and to our related companies.
In exceptional circumstances, we may be required or permitted by law to disclose personal data, for example to law enforcement authorities or to prevent a serious threat to public safety.
- How is personal data secured?
We will take all practicable steps to ensure that your personal data is protected against unauthorized access, processing, erasure, loss or use.
- Accessing and correcting your personal data
You may contact us to seek access to or seek to correct personal data which we hold about you. There are certain exemptions under the PDPO which may apply to personal data access and correction requests. We may require that you the person requesting access or correction provide suitable identification and we may charge a reasonable administration fee for complying with a data access request.
Request for access to, to correct personal data held by us should be addressed to our Client Relationship Manager at email@example.com.
- Queries and comments